Saturday, June 18, 2022

Marsh Madness

There are a number of wetland areas and little streams that border both sides of roadways and paths in the general neighborhood. Sometimes, residents take advantage of the secret passageways that run from one side of the road to the other.

This muskrat was one such sneaky little traveler. Baloo was still with me when we took this walk and he was completely enthralled with the muskrat appearing from the culvert and darting back in again at the sight of us. He wanted to go investigate in the worst way. Happily for the muskrat (and me, since I didn't have to deal with swamp dog), he didn't get his way.


Baloo didn't have nearly as much interest in the marsh marigolds that were blooming along the way, but he patiently waited for me to take pictures. I have always liked their sunny blossoms. 


2 comments:

Neet said...

I always love to read and see your pictures. Thanks for posting.

Webfoot said...

Thank you! I'm delighted to hear someone enjoys my foolish ramblings. :)