Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Adventures in Lawn Mowing

For the last couple of years, my neighbor's daughter has been providing lawn service. I thought that, since opportunities for making some spending money were pretty slim during the whole pandemic experience, she might enjoy a chance to earn a bit of cash.  She did a great job and I was hoping that she'd want to do it again this year.  Alas, she's getting old enough now that she would rather go to soccer camp, swim and hang out with her friends. I certainly can't blame her, but I had to come up with another plan for cutting the grass. Naturally, I thought it was about time I purchased a lawn mower. 


Doesn't this look like the perfect solution to the problem? Innovative, uncomplicated and doing extra duty as exercise equipment and functional sculpture - what more could one ask?

No, that's not the mower I bought, but when I saw this beauty while on vacation in the Upper Peninsula a while back, I thought it was brilliant and definitely worth sharing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! That is really awesome!

Webfoot said...

I know! A truly creative mind came up with that design modification. It makes me smile every time I see it. :)

Anonymous said...

I was really hoping you were going to say that mower belonged to you. Truly a gem!

~MC ;-)