Friday, June 24, 2022

A Peony for Your Thoughts

The grounds of the neighborhood restaurant Baloo and I walked through in the morning (so that he could look for tidbits of food left behind by messy outdoor diners) has some nice little gardens.


This time of year, the peonies are putting on a spectacular show. 

I thought I would share a few of the showy blooms. 

The colors and textures are such fantastic eye candy!


While the crows and seagulls (and probably raccoons and skunks) are taking advantage of the fact that Baloo doesn't beat them to the early morning snacks, I'm taking our daily walks and wishing he still walked beside me, hunting for the odd calorie. When I get really restless, sad and at loose ends without him, I think about what he'd want me to do and the answer is almost always: take a walk! So, I hit the trail. He loved his walks and will always walk with me in my heart. 

No comments: