Friday, April 7, 2023

Draw a Bird Day

Once again, it is Draw a Bird Day! If you haven't read the story of Dorie Cooper and the origin of this day, it's well worth the effort (https://www.dabday.com/). I like to celebrate the anniversary of her birthday and this year I have chosen the plucky chickadee to honor a plucky little girl.


Don't worry! Your picture doesn't need to be perfect! Just pick up a pencil and draw a bird. Who knows? You may even come up with something to carve along the way. I'm thinking of carving this pert fellow (carving improves almost everything!). :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting and heartwarming story. I guess it's not too late in the day to start drawing one, right? Thanks for sharing, Dianna.

Did you draw any bird pictures today?

Hugs to ya, from BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Hi, BetsyLee! It is a great story, isn't it? I actually drew the chickadee last night so it could be posted early this morning, so I started the holiday a couple hours early. I may draw another one after dinner. Did you draw a bird today?:)