Friday, March 3, 2023

Red, Red - Not Robins

Sadly, the red, red robins still haven't returned and started bob-bob-bobbing along, so I thought I would share a few more pictures of birds perching in the crab apple tree. I especially liked the combination of red feathers and red apples.

 

The cardinal found a perfect branch for peering into the window to keep track of me.


He's just such a handsome fellow. He looks picturesque, no matter where he chooses to sit.


I enjoy getting to see all his different poses. He must know how bold and striking he looks.

 

Capturing both the cardinal and the house finch watching my progress was a bit of serendipity. This was obviously a different day, since the snow is falling and piling up on the branches. It's been snowing and melting on alternate days!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the red birds - they brighten the whole day for me. Beautiful pics.

BetsyLee :^)

Webfoot said...

Thanks, BetsyLee! Yes, the bright colors are especially welcome on gray winter days. It makes them seem especially vivid! :)

Anonymous said...

love red cardinals!!! your pictures are awesome! There are no cardinals where I live....so thanks for sharing these pix!

Webfoot said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like the pictures. Cardinals certainly are beautiful - and very photogenic, but I'm sure you have some marvelous birds where you live, too! :)