Thursday, March 9, 2023

Sunset - Moonrise

Several days ago, I took a sunset walk along the road by the bay. The colors were soft and the dark silhouettes of the trees against the sunset sky were very nice counterpoints.

 

Of course, as you know, Baloo delighted in the sunset walks. He would tell me when it was time to hit the road, so I always have him rambling with me in spirit on evening excursions (well, the rest of the time, too!).


The colors just kept getting prettier as the sun started disappearing behind the cloud bank, reflecting on fairly still water.


Then, I looked in the other direction and saw the moon at nearly full rising from the east as the sun sank below the horizon.  The blues on one side and the oranges on the other made me feel like I was walking through two different landscapes.


Mallards paddled around in the last blush of peach on the quiet water.

One of the mallards was talking quietly to itself as it dabbled along, making ripples on its way (you can see its open bill, if you enlarge the picture).


As I finally turned eastward again on the last section of my walk, the sky had darkened enough that the moon became a very dramatic orb hanging in the early night sky. 

And to think, I almost decided not to go on another walk - Baloo must have rousted me to make sure I didn't miss the show!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love your photos and comments. Thank you for posting.

Anonymous said...

So glad you chose to go for your walk and catch these peaceful pics. Love 'em, thank you for your efforts. :^)

BetsyLee

Anonymous said...

The photos are all beautiful but the moon is awesome, I never seem able to get a good shot.

Webfoot said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments. I was delighted with the moon picture. I think that's the first time I have gotten a really good one. Lighting and contrast are incredibly hard for me to get right. This was totally luck rather than skill! LOL!

Anonymous said...

soooooooooooo beautiful!!!

thank you