Monday, March 13, 2023

More Morning Mooning

Before the moon waned too much, I took another very early morning walk.

The water was incredibly calm again and the necklace of lights around the bay reflected in the water. (I think enlarging that picture might be more interesting...)


The moon lit up the sky above the lights of town.

 Geese clustered, treading water just off shore.

I was walking north, while taking pictures in the increasing light and enjoying the different perspectives on the shoreline as I went.

 
The moon faded out, but the sun gave its own beautiful light show in the east. 
 

As I reached the northernmost point of my walk and turned toward home, a sharp-shinned hawk flew in and perched on the tip of a branch to watch for unwary mice or other small creatures to try and catch for its morning twilight breakfast. 

No comments: