Sunday, March 5, 2023

Memory Monday

These pictures were taken last year about this time, when I still had sweet Baloo as my walking companion, but I didn't get a chance to post them before the world thawed out and it became too balmy to think about frozen water.


We spotted this eagle out on the ice in the bay and walked very slowly and carefully so we wouldn't startle it. I started taking pictures from a long way off, since I thought a person and a big, curious dog might be alarming and frighten it away.


While it kept a wary eye on us, it was very reluctant to give up its meal and kept on eating as we approached, alternately watching us and sneaking a bite.


It eventually decided we weren't going to try and steal its fish or otherwise disturb its meal, so it stopped worrying about us and enjoyed its snack.


Baloo and I both thought it was pretty amazing to get to see such a magnificent creature along our way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics ! Always love your eagle pics - :^)

BetsyLee

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say, I also miss Baloo. He was a good friend to you.

Hugs, BetsyLee

Anonymous said...

Those are magnificent photos of a magnificent bird. So glad that you and Baloo were able to experience this together.

Hugs,

Sheila

Webfoot said...

Thanks, BetsyLee and Sheila! I was just sure that Baloo would get excited and startle the eagle into flight, but he was a completely curious gentleman and just watched as we walked by. He was such an excellent trail buddy - and he frequently pointed out interesting things along our way and I'm not just talking about dead things, either. ;)