Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Company in the Crab Apple

The crab apple tree outside my front window is a favorite spot for birds. Some of them munch the apples, others use branches as a place to nibble on sunflower hearts and still others simply like to hang out in a safe spot for a while. The little tree is also a welcome haven from the wind when it blusters in from the north.


Madam Cardinal did a lot of simply sitting late one afternoon this week. It had been snowing and she decided to take refuge in the apple tree and just watch the world go by for a bit.


She perched in the branches for nearly an hour, and while I couldn't get a clear picture of her through the snowy limbs, I really enjoyed her quiet company as I sat at the dining table and carved.


The next day, this little house finch peered in the window to watch me work for a bit, too. She has such an inquisitive expression on her face, doesn't she?  

It's always a treat to glance up and see who is coming and going. Who knows, maybe they enjoy keeping track of me, too!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the birds outside the window !

BetsyLee :^)