Friday, March 31, 2023

Harebrained April Foolishness

Here's the reminder from yesterday's puzzle: 

And here's a slightly different point of view:


You see it, don't you?


I promised a solution to yesterday's puzzle, and I didn't even pull an April Fool's trick on you (just a bad pun in the title).




This cottontail stayed right in that spot all afternoon, tucked in among the grape vines.  It had hollowed out a small, rabbit-sized crater in the snow and I began to wonder if it might be giving birth to baby bunnies, since it stayed put for so long.

I put out treats for the bunnies every night, apple parts, carrot pieces, turnips -  whatever I have from kitchen activities - along with a few jar lids filled with rabbit pellets from the feed store. There are a couple of nibblers that come by almost every night and clean up the offerings, leaving rabbit footprints in their wake. I check each morning to see if they've come for their snacks and I always seem to get a goofy grin when they've been there. 

Yes, I'm a fool - April or otherwise. And yes, they're still murderous on the tea roses....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you feed the bunnies when Baloo was still King ?

Just wonderin. :^)

BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Yes, BetsyLee. I did feed the bunnies when Baloo was still King of the World. He loved to watch them. I even have a picture of him lying on the deck with me while I was eating breakfast. He was keeping a close eye on a bunny nibbling dandelions out in the yard. I didn't worry too much about the adult rabbits, but I did try to keep him from locating the nests. He would have made short work of those.

Anonymous said...

Nice, thanks. I totally missed that little guy. I thought I saw a kitty face in the very center, under the "r" shaped branch.

Sheila

Webfoot said...

Thanks, Sheila! It's a sneaky little bunny. Sometimes there has been a neighborhood cat coming around to hunt for the bunnies from time to time, but you wouldn't see it and the bunny in the same picture - they aren't friends. I tell the kitty to go back home whenever I see it.

Anonymous said...

bunny fun puns