Monday, August 8, 2022

An Odd Notion...

I was walking around Pyatt Lake taking pictures and thinking about things, as I often do. (Good picture night tonight, by the way...) And I had an idea.


Over time, I have collected quite a pile of carving material odds and ends. There are pieces from very small to reasonably large with quite a few that would work well for people who like to do inchies, micro boxes, hitchhikers, or other small images. I will never, ever be able to work my way through all these pieces of material, given the rate that I am generating them as opposed to how often I carve that size. 

Therefore, if you want to take pot luck and ask for a fistful of miscellaneous bits and pieces to be added to your order (at no extra cost to either of us, since I'm shipping something already), or if you know a deserving soul who can't afford to buy any material, let me know. 

Some of these blocks are from many years ago and come from ideas, samples or tests that  I have put aside and will never revisit. For example, if you are someone who uses acetone and can clean off the surface of a block that has something dubious transferred to it already, there are pieces of Tan-Z Kut, PZ Kut, OZ Kut, MZ Kut (I think) and other materials that only I ever got to play with. There's no reason for me to continue to let this pile keep growing and I like the idea of getting it into the hands of people who will actually carve it into something interesting. 

What do you think?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think -- how kind! How generous!