Saturday, August 20, 2022

Poblanos!

I found some really nice poblano peppers and thought it would be fun to make some chiles rellenos to share with my brother and his wife while I was visiting. 

 

When I started to arrange everything on the plates, my sister-in-law said she thought I ought to take pictures, so I did.

I slid one plate down for a picture that would include the duck that my mother always filled with zinnias from the garden. It held pride of place on the dining table during the summer months and was a beautiful blaze of color. I'm glad the tradition has been renewed, now that we're planting zinnias again!


The peppers were roasted over an open flame, peeled and seeded, stuffed with sharp cheddar, and fried with an egg batter. I finally topped them off with freshly made pico de gallo. The sides are guacamole, home grown tomatoes and sour cream on a nest of shredded lettuce. 

Yum! I highly recommend this!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my mouth is watering for this meal!!!!

enjoy!,
condo