Saturday, March 10, 2018

Predator III

Today, I'm posting a few more of the photos a family member shared with me (and gave me permission to share with you). 

This is kind of the big grand finale of the Ohio wildlife camera predator series. 


I believe the bobcat is working on the remains of a deer in the twilight. 


As it gets lighter, another bobcat joins the first, which doesn't look entirely sure it wants to share the bounty. 


They are beautiful creatures. I was fortunate enough to see a couple in the wild the last time I was visiting with family in Ohio, but they were usually running - away from me. That was probably a good thing.


Finally, there was this picture perfect pose that I couldn't resist trying to turn into a bit of a close up so we could all get a good look at the beautiful markings on the animal. It makes the picture a little grainier, but I thought it was worth it (maybe I'll just consider it a soft-focus Cecil B. DeMille effect). 

I also really liked the misty, magical look of the woods - it almost feels like a storybook illustration. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You were not kidding about today's pictures. They are awesome!!! It is so cool to see them in their natural habitat. Thank you for sharing.