Thursday, September 7, 2023

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

Well, not really chicken dinner, but Hen-of-the-Woods dinner. That's even better!!

 

My brother and I were gifted a huge hen-of-the-woods mushroom. He shared some with one of his mushroom hunting friends and we split the rest.

 

As you can see, when you get one of these mushrooms, it's usually a big deal in more ways than one.

After cleaning it all up, I sauteed it in a little butter and olive oil and have several packages in the freezer to enjoy over the winter. It's great for soups, in omelettes or rice pilaf - you get the idea. It's a delicious mushroom and will enhance any dinner. No chicken required. We definitely felt like winners. 

Yum!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, too cool ! I've seen them a few times in the forest, but not an impressively sized one like that. I am way envious of your good fortune ! :^)

Hugs to ya, from BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Hugs right back, BetsyLee! I have some good mushroom pictures to share with you, once I get them downloaded from the camera. My brother and I went out hunting. :)

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing your mushroom pics. I love fungi !

More hugs to ya, from BetsyLee