Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Sassing and Snoozing

There's a cheeky little chipmunk that hangs around behind my house, scolding, gathering stray sunflower hearts and other marvelous morsels (it's the same fellow that took full advantage of the black raspberry crop).

 


One day, I stepped out the back door to find it lounging on the edge of the deck.


I guess it has decided that I'm not really that frightening, even with the whir of the camera lens extending. Its eyes just kept getting droopier and its head dropped ever so slightly. Even drowsing, it looks like it has a bit of an attitude.

It couldn't quite bring itself to fall fully asleep in my presence, but it came pretty close. I finally went back inside to let it nap in peace. 

I guess it isn't too much of a mystery why I'm not considered much of a threat...

Baloo, on the other hand, would have been a completely different matter!

 

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those guys. They take seeds from under the bird feeders, go around to the other side of our house, and sneak into the open back room door, and eat them. I just found another of their piles of seed husks under something, the little devils ! You would think that I'd learn to close the door - NAH, not me. I like a good open door. (The inner door is closed so they can't get inside the house.)

Thanks for the chip pics, hugs to ya from BetsyLee