Saturday, September 23, 2023

Showtime!

As I mentioned in Monday's mushroom post, I have been preparing for an art show.

 


Since some of you wished me well, I thought you might enjoy seeing the outcome of my effort.  I got to the venue early and still barely had time to get everything set up before the doors opened to the public, but this was my display.

It was a good show that benefits the local library and is a nice way for area artists to show and sell some of their work.  I always enjoy getting to see what people respond to and which carvings they like (or don't). Sometimes the pieces I like the best don't come anywhere close to being show favorites. Other times, I'm surprised and delighted that a print I wasn't at all sure would go over well is met with enthusiasm. 

I always learn a lot!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice display !

Hugs from BetsyLee

Anonymous said...

Awesome display and beautiful artwork. ❤️

Sheila

Webfoot said...

Thanks, BetsyLee and Sheila. It was a good show - I think I may have gone overboard in my preparations, but I would rather have too much than too little! The bright side of that is that I'll have some things to take to the local gallery that shows my prints. :)