Saturday, September 9, 2023

Lovey Dovey

Mourning doves are lovely bird visitors to my back yard. Their colors are so soft and unobtrusive, yet still quite beautiful.

 
I love the little hot pink feet.


The browns and grays turn sort of turquoise when the sun catches the feathers just right.


The blue eye shadow is very pretty, too.


Their spotted wings provide extra camouflage and they can almost disappear into the grass and leaves.


There's a fairly big flock of these beauties that frequent the feeders and the rest of the yard. They're always welcome, even if they do devour a ton of sunflower hearts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are fun to watch. I love seeing them at my feeders and the ground. My mom calls them pigeons. I don't try to correct her. I just smile. It creates memories for me with my mom enjoying both her garden/bird area and mine.

Sheila

Webfoot said...

I love that, Sheila! The connections with family and nature are the sweetest, aren't they? My brother, sister and I all trace our love of birds (and nature, in general) to our parents and the exposure to the wide, wild world we had as children. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the doves, had a pair one year that sat on my back deck every morning. They seem
the sweetest of all the birds. Love to hear their morning coos when rain is on the way!
Shooz