Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Let the Chips Fly Where They May

The chipping sparrows, that is. They've been hanging around my feeders for a little while now and I'm hoping they decide to stick around.

 

Their trilling song is delightful to hear.


Not only that, they're just really cute.


I do have a soft spot for the migrating sparrow contingent, though.


They have been taking advantage of the lilac bush, too, striking poses, hiding among the branches and tempting me to take lots of pictures.

However, I won't be taking any pictures for a while.  At least, not any close-ups - I only have my phone to work with. My camera died and finding a suitable replacement is proving more challenging than I expected. I guess the good news is that I took a lot of pictures over the last couple weeks, so I should be able to winnow through them for blog material for a while, anyway. 

And here you thought you might be spared! Hah!
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about your camera! I hope you find one that you like soon.

Chipping sparrows are such cuties, so small compared to the other sparrows. Thank you for the nice pics!

Good luck on the camera search,
Hugs from BetsyLee

Anonymous said...

I love their rusty crown as well.

Sorry to hear about your camera. It is really hard when you have to find a replacement and the industries don't think that it is worth keeping around and you have to "settle" for what they think you need.

Sheila

Webfoot said...

Thanks, BetsyLee and Sheila! I was missing the camera this morning when I saw a pair of meadowlarks doing a mating dance out in Baloo's Big Field. I'm hoping to find something I can use soon. In the meantime, I'll keep posting the pictures I've taken over the last couple weeks. :)