Monday, May 29, 2023

Thanks and Remembrance

I was casting about for an image to post for Memorial Day.  I always like to pay my respects in some small way and remember in gratitude the sacrifices made by those who have died to protect the freedoms I hold so dear. 

The poppies aren't blooming yet and there was no breeze to set a flag fluttering, but then I remembered a few eagle pictures that were captured by the trail camera a couple weeks ago.  I believe this is a nesting pair - and we have seen a juvenile that is probably about three years old, with its head and tail feathers starting to turn white, though it eluded the camera's eye.


The majestic beauty of our national bird seemed like it might be appropriate to mark the day.  The one above tripped the camera as the sun was coming up over the trees in the east. These amazing creatures always fill me with awe and gratitude, too. 

I just couldn't let the day pass without a word of appreciation. Far braver people than I have made it possible for me to live this wonderful life I cherish every single day. 

Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Webfoot. Beautiful eagles, such a classic symbol.
Wise Wanderer

Anonymous said...

Sorry - double post and can’t seem to delete.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, thank you for sharing and honoring those we lost and those that serve.

Sheila