Saturday, May 27, 2023

Night Moves

When my brother and I gathered up the cards from the trail cameras, there was a fun sequence with six or eight deer browsing and lying down to ruminate.

 
They staged their show directly in front of the camera, milling around and snacking on new shoots.

 
They stayed in the same spot looking for goodies and then for a nice place to bed down and work on digestion.


It looks like all have disappeared but the one with glowing eyes on the right.


But, there are quite a few of them lying down at the edges of the little clearing, with eyes glowing every now and then to give away their positions.


It's fun to see them just hanging out together and relaxing. I know they're hard to see, but there are actually at least two more toward the left and one behind the one on the right that don't have eyes glowing in this picture. They lit up in some other shots, but the photos weren't as clear as these.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A peaceful scene, for sure. A gamecam in my yard early Saturday morning would have taken pictures of a darn ol bear tearing up my feeders and bending the shepard's hooks completely flat! One feeder is still missing. Now I have to bring in all the remaining feeders every evening for a few weeks, until I think the bear has moved on.

I WISH I had some nice peaceful deer in my yard instead - I bet they wouldn't wreck the feeder area. :^)

Thanks for the pics, hugs to ya, from BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Oh, BetsyLee, I'm so sorry! Bears have done that multiple times at the family homestead feeders, too. And they have pulled some of our bluebird houses down and apart, too. The bears become pretty unpopular, especially when they start marauding at the expense of the bluebirds!

Anonymous said...

Tearing up the bird houses ??! That would really put me off bears if that happened here!

BetsyLee