Friday, July 31, 2020

Frogs and Fashion

One of the places Baloo and I like to walk is a wetland area that is currently even wetter than usual, due to the record high water levels in Lake Michigan. The water table is so high that parts of the trails have merged with the marsh. 



The fun thing about this was that frogs were hanging around right where the paths run and it was easy to see them up close as we wandered along the wetland's edge, trying to keep our feet dry. 


These green frogs (yes, that's their name as well as their color) must have been particularly confident because they didn't budge when we walked up to them. This was unusual, since most of the time I hear the plops of retreating frogs before I find them in the water. I liked the birch bark this one was using for a little bit of cover.  


Seriously, frogs were everywhere. Big and small. 


I think this one might have been my favorite, though. It had fashioned some sort of vegetative headgear - an amphibious trend setter, don't you think? 

No comments: