Monday, July 20, 2020

Previews of Coming Attractions...

I was going to do a completely different kind of post tonight, but I decided it might be fun to share a little about how the website rebuild is coming along, since several people have asked for progress reports. 

I've been taking lots of pictures of carving blocks, kits and tools to put up in the shiny new Stampeaz store. So far, I have all the carving blocks and linoleum blocks entered in the new database and am ready to start on the various carving kits. 


After that, it's on to the tool section. Here's the picture I'm thinking about using as a category teaser for the Carving Tools part of the store. 

I've been trying to reorganize things so they'll be more streamlined and (I hope) easier to find than they were in the old site. So, good thoughts and crossed fingers are much appreciated as I learn a whole new way of doing things. 

Baloo has been surprisingly patient, as I slog through learning about creating menus and categories and as I try to pull descriptions and information about products out of the old database to enter all the information into the new one. Of course, he also makes me take regular breaks to go out for walks and get some fresh air.  He's thoughtful that way. :)

5 comments:

GG said...

Did you finish the jigsaw puzzle?

Webfoot said...

I posted a pieces of the puzzle update a few days ago, so more pieces are in the puzzle and more will come. Thanks for asking. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this update! Looking forward to the new website!

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts to you and good dog Baloo.

Webfoot said...

Thank you for the good thoughts and encouragement! :)