Wednesday, June 19, 2024

A Nosegay

Baloo and I often walked through the gardens at a nearby restaurant. While I enjoyed the flowers, he scouted for fallen bits of food on the patio. Well, I took Piper along that old favorite route just in time to see the peonies blooming. 


Piper was more interested in sniffing for bunnies and squirrels than she was in the peonies.


She did sit down while I snapped some pictures, though, which I appreciated!


I guess the sweet perfume of the flowers didn't entrance her like the scent of chipmunk.


But, I was delighted by all the colors and textures, as well as the lovely fragrance.


I hope you enjoyed this little nosegay, too. :)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful !

Hugs from BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Thanks, BetsyLee. I'm glad you liked the little bouquet. Hugs right back! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a wonderful treasure. Peonies are so showy. I have never had any luck trying to grow them myself. This makes them even more lovely when I see them elsewhere😉. Thanks for sharing! PixiePam

Anonymous said...

love peonies!!!

Sheila

Webfoot said...

Thanks, PixiePam! I've never tried growing peonies, but it's always a treat to catch them in full bloom when I'm out walking. My sister had some growing in her yard for many years, but her neighbor's bush finally got big enough that it blocked too much of the sun for the plant to thrive.

Webfoot said...

I agree Sheila! There's something just so exuberant about those big, extravagant blooms. I love them, too. :)

Anonymous said...

That rich dark color, oh gosh!

Anonymous said...

on another peony note, I have a division from one of my grandmother's. what makes it extra special, she passed when I was five...........so being her age now, it is amazing to have it in my garden. I plan to pass it on to my kids and keep it going.

sheila