Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Surreal Sunset

Occasionally, there is a sunset so spectacular and unusual that it defies description.

 

 
I thought this one was worth sharing and I hope you think so, too.

 
Walking along and watching the colors develop as the sun sank lower in the sky was awe inspiring.


I kept thinking that if I were to try and paint that sky, nobody would believe it was real.


I swear that I didn't doctor these photos at all, except to crop them so they would upload a little faster.


Seriously, the clouds really did that and the colors were incredible. (The silhouette of the late evening fishing boat out on the bay added a little interest to the foreground toward the end of the spectacle, too.)
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing photos!!!

loving this way to end my day. thank you

Sheila

Anonymous said...

That's incredible color! And you have a geat camera that could capture the color.

Woodland Paws

Webfoot said...

Thank you, Sheila and Woodland Paws! It was an amazing sunset - and I couldn't believe the way the clouds sort of separated into patches of different shades of red, orange and yellow. Sort of a 'paint by numbers' kind of a sky. ;-)

Anonymous said...

That sunset looks like it was taken from another planet -- gorgeous! I especially liked your first photo with the silhouetted hanging branches framing the red blazing orb. Nature does have a flare for the dramatic! Thanks for sharing!👏😁
PixiePam

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Such gorgeous colors and "brush stroke" clouds.
Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Shooz/Tammy

Webfoot said...

Thanks, PixiePam and Shooz - it really was one for the books. :)