Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween!

In the golden haze of early morning fog, a spiderweb suspended over my favorite wetland retreat created a beautiful, visual whisper as the light caught the delicately woven strands.

 

It was probably even more ethereal before catching my eye, but once spotted I did my best to capture the soft light on the spider's artistry.


As the sun rose and began to burn away the fog, I noticed a second web suspended beneath the first.



They became more distinct for a few minutes before the misty morning cleared and made them fade into near invisibility once again.

I never saw either of the spiders, so they were clearly poised for a stealth attack on any unwary flies, but even without them, the webs still seemed like a good celebration of creepiness for Halloween. 

Have fun with all the little ghouls and goblins out there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fog and spider webs: pretty and peaceful.

Thank you, and hugs to ya, from BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Thank you, BetsyLee. I thought the scene had its own quiet magic. :) Hugs right back!