Friday, June 9, 2017

A Whiter Shade

A couple days ago, I shared two of my mother's favorite flowers and I warned that there were other blossoms along the way that, although they were neither pink nor my mother's favorites, I would post another day.  Here are two that were showing their stuff that same evening.

The Canada Mayflower looks a bit like a tiny fireworks display with its cluster of starburst shaped blooms.


The starflower comes by its name honestly.  The petals form little six-pointed star shapes against a background of much larger leaf whorls that set off the white of the flower very dramatically.

Small flowers seem to keep capturing my attention as I wander around with Baloo. Their different shapes and growth habits are a continuing source of wonder. Yes, I know, I am easily entertained - this is not necessarily a bad thing....


No comments: