Monday, March 18, 2024

Redheads

A little group of redhead ducks was paddling around up by the boat launch. 

 
Their bright feathers were glowing in the sunset light.


These ducks don't usually come this far up the bay, preferring to stay closer to the base of the peninsula, so this was a particular treat.


I love seeing the different kinds of ducks coming back to the area again, after spending the winter elsewhere.


As a result, you are being subjected to all the season's duck discoveries.


I hope you enjoy seeing them, too. :)

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bet I love seeing them! I never get tired of ducks. And I haven't seen very many Redheads, so thanks for the pics ! Loved the swan pics too. You must live near a waterfowl haven, right? :^)

Hugs to ya, from BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Yes, I moved to an area where I can fairly easily walk along lakes, rivers and wetlands. I missed being near water for many years and now try to take advantage whenever I can. :) Hugs to you, too!