Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Blackbird Singing in the Light of Day

Nope, no broken wings or any need for flying lessons. Just a lot of enthusiastic singing and displaying.

 
This handsome red-winged blackbird would get himself wound up for the big concert.



Then, he'd flash his brilliant epaulets and make himself as big as he could while singing his territorial aria.

After completing his grand operatic performance, he'd shrink back down to normal size and prepare to do it all over again.
 


Somehow, I don't think this striking fellow will have any difficulty finding a sweetheart. He's pretty impressive!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!

sheila

Webfoot said...

Thank you, Sheila! I thoroughly enjoyed his serenade as I walked along. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the earworm of the day! I forget to tell you how much I enjoy your posts. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us.
Pink Panther

Webfoot said...

Thanks so much, Pink Panther. It's nice to know my random foolishness is a little entertaining. :)

Anonymous said...

While I agree that they are pretty, I also feel that they are noisy pestiferous beasts. Try having forty of them in your Forsythia brush, squawking and onk-la-reeing all the live-long day, waiting to descend en masse on your bird feeders. They never go away ! Argh !!!

But yeah, I like 'em. :^)

Hugs to ya from BetsyLee ;^)

Webfoot said...

I guess I've never had that many at one time, BetsyLee. Grackles and starlings, yes, but not the red-winged blackbirds. So, I guess they haven't managed to become annoying - though I can see how that could happen! ;-)