Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Duck Dining

This merganser was backlit, but I sort of liked the effect.  The silhouette of the bird against the rippled blue of the water was a pleasing combination.


We moved along together for a bit, me snapping pictures while she looked for snacks.


She paddled along smoothly, creating just a little wake to shadow the water's surface, along with her reflection. It was interesting to see the changes in the color and shading of the water, depending on the angle of the sun and the amount of cloud cover at any given moment.


The final picture captures droplets of water falling from her bill after she raised her head again. Her bill is also slightly open, so she may have found something tasty for her dinner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. The beak open is really interesting.

Duck hugs to ya, from BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Thanks, BetsyLee! I've been enjoying the returning birds quite a bit. :) Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

My silly mind, when seeing and saying 'Duck Dining', goes straight to "Duck Dodgers and the 24 and 1/2 th century". My brain was steeped in Warner Brothers as a child, then I watched their cartoons in my 20's and 30's, so their cartoons have become part of my being. I'm a piece of work. Thanks for the smile! :^)

More hugs for the smile, from BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Okay, so I had to go look up an episode of "Duck Dodgers". Thanks for the grin. :) Hugs!