Saturday, January 20, 2024

A Whole New Thing

I've been busy trying to do some good things for Stampeaz.  I will tell you about the second one when I know that it's actually going to happen as planned, but the first I can tell you about now. 

I had attempted (unsuccessfully) to set up gift certificates in the store in the past, but recently a customer asked if they were available yet, and I figured it was about time to revisit that problem and conquer it. So, I set about trying again and I do believe I have emerged from the fray victorious!  

Gift Certificates went live a couple days ago and, of course, I couldn't leave the listing naked, so a new icon was carved for the occasion.


The image was finished this afternoon, and I did a couple of test prints of it. I think it will work (at least until a better idea comes along).



While the teal ink is a better match for the Stampeaz logo, I think the darker blue one wins the contrast and readability award.

So, here's the final image for the gift certificate category in the shop. 

If you get one of the gift certificates and notice anything wonky anywhere in the process, please be sure to let me know. Otherwise, with fingers crossed, I release it out into the Stampeaz multiverse (whatever that might be). ;-)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great carve ! Maybe someday when I grow up, I'll be able to carve like that. Heh.

Hugs to ya, Busy Lady, from BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Thank you, BetsyLee! I'm not sure what else I'll ever be able to use that carving for, but it had to be done. :) Hugs right back to you!!

Anonymous said...

Spectacular carving - a gift to the recipient in addition to the actual $$ on the card. 😍
Wise Wanderer

Webfoot said...

Thank you, Wise Wanderer! Since they are electronic certificates sent to the recipient's email, they will only get a picture of the actual print, but I hope it's fun, anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

a very beautiful carve. I think the blue compliments the sage beautifully. like Demin and lace, I mean sage.

it must be an awesome feeling to have figured it out. congrats!!!

Sheila

Webfoot said...

Thank you, Sheila. I decided to stick with the blue and then I used the combination of carving and print (and tools) as the category picture, with just the simple print as the item image. Somehow, having the process as part of the picture just seems right. And yes, it feels great to have the gift certificate up and running. :)