Sunday, November 12, 2023

Mildly Mismatched Bookends

I'm still recovering and hoping that I'll be back out in the great wide world sometime this week, but in the meantime, I have found these entertaining mergansers unused in my stash of photos.

 
They were standing on a rock in the shallows of the bay looking a lot like mirror images of each other.

 
They also indulged themselves in synchronized preening.


One broke the pattern for a second to stretch her wings.



Then, they went back to being mildly mismatched bookends. 

Most of the ducks are gone now, but we still have a few hanging around. At least, I think so -- I'll find out for sure when I get back out on the trails. 

Stay healthy out there! This stuff is both nasty and persistent.
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mergs: I love 'em ! Cute pics, cute ducks. :^)

Keep getting better, and hugs to ya from BetsyLee

Anonymous said...

Hope you kick the crud and are back outside adventuring again soon. I really enjoy your photos and views on the world. It really makes my day to see your beautiful photos. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! PixiePam

Anonymous said...

Catching up on your postings.

Hugs and feel better real soon!!! <3

love this series of photos. what a hoot to see them "randomly" syncing up.

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, lovely pics, they look like a painting!
Mergansers are a favorite, love their spike hair-doos, lol.
Glad you are on the recovery side of the crud.

Shooz/Tammy