Saturday, January 7, 2023

New Year's Resolutions

 Let's see how well I do! 

Something I have been wanting to do on the new Stampeaz site is publish some tutorials, tips and tricks for carving and printing. I just published the first one, so we'll see how well I keep my resolution and whether people find it at all useful.  I have plans for several more already and we'll see where I go from there.  

The first installment is a quick tutorial on how I prepare a block before transferring an image or carving. I like to use the sanding method and it's really, really easy to do. So, if you're interested, the post is on the Stampeaz site in the blog section here.

Here's the before and after picture to try and entice you... :)


 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I have sanded the carving medium at your suggestion! And it worked well. But it is really nice to see it pictured and explained at length. Now I won't be nervous about doing it in the future.

Full Disclosure: I actually sanded it after I carved the stamp because I couldn't get the ink to stick well enough for a good impression. I asked you and you answered. I was worried that sanding would ruin the carving, but it didn't. Next time, however, I'll do it before I carve!

QueenMother

Webfoot said...

Thanks, QueenMother! I know it was a pretty simple tutorial, but I was hoping it would be useful. You gave me another good idea, too - I might a quick tutorial to address the issue you had with a carving that's already finished.

I have several other tutorials planned on various subjects, from image transfer to color separation for multi-block images to reduction block carving. I just thought starting from the beginning would be a good plan. :)