Saturday, January 14, 2023

Midwinter Sun

This time of year, sunshine is in very short supply. But then, there's a day when the sun peeks through the clouds (usually as it dips toward the horizon) and the sunset is glorious. I thought I would share a couple recent examples.


The above two pictures were taken as I was walking by the bay on a day when the clouds opened up at the horizon just as the sun was going down. The sudden burst of color was simply delightful. 



The second pair of pictures was taken as I was walking across Baloo's big field on a night when the light show took on some spectacular colors. Yes, it really was that intense. I met a couple other people on the trail and they were just as stunned by the colors as I was. Seriously, I didn't doctor the pictures at all - if anything, they don't do the brilliance justice. 

Baloo used to love taking sunset walks, so I have been keeping up the tradition in his honor - there are definitely rewards along the way!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Webfoot said...

Thank you! They were pretty amazing to see in person, too. :)