Monday, December 5, 2022

Sharp!

 

I almost didn't post this, because it portrays one of life's little dramas about which I have mixed feelings.

 

This sharp-shinned hawk caught a junco that was eating at one of the several feeding stations in my yard. I try to position the feeders so that there is plenty of cover nearby, but the hawk managed to startle this particular junco, which blundered into a window. The hawk then took advantage of its momentary disorientation to grab some lunch.

Of course, the hawks have to make a living, too, and they're beautiful in their own right. I just wish they wouldn't prey on my friends.


In any event, it  did afford me the opportunity to catch a few really good pictures of the triumphant hunter.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics - you must have been fast to get them ! Yep, it's a bummer when the hungry hawk takes one of the birds at the feeder.

BetsyLee