Monday, November 28, 2022

Ruminating...

I always enjoy getting to take candid pictures of critters going about their daily rounds - even when they're not going anywhere.  After all, I often feel like I'm not going anywhere, myself!


This sweet doe was lazing comfortably in the fallen leaves and ruminating - probably both literally and figuratively.


We know the literal part for sure, because even when she finally decided to stand up and stretch, she just kept right on chewing. After giving me a good look, she decided I wasn't any kind of a threat and
just kept on browsing and nosing around for acorns and other goodies in the leaf litter. I think this picture also looks like she might be having a friendly conversation with a buddy, which makes me smile.

And, of course, on the heels of the Thanksgiving weekend, one does wonder about the benefits of a four chambered stomach!


No comments: