Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Post Birthday Birthday Celebration Celebration Post

That peculiar title actually does make sense, if you think about it long enough.  

My birthday was last month, but since I missed talking about it at the time, I thought it would be fun to celebrate the celebration.  It was a fabulous day all the way around.



The festivities began with an impromptu fete by Baloo's dog walking pals and their people. Katie's (she's the toy poodle/shih tzu mix) and her mom brought along a beautiful bouquet of home grown roses, snap dragons, hydrangea and phlox. They've got one of the loveliest garden-yards I've ever seen. Nice job on the flower arranging, no?



A very delightful side dish of fried green tomatoes from my brother's garden was a flavor I hadn't experienced since my parents used to argue about whether to use the first tomato in the garden green in this manner or wait for it to ripen fully.  (Dad was the advocate for fried green tomatoes and my mother craved the first ripe tomato of the season.)



My brother cooked some lobster tails on the grill and I turned them into a salad for our dinner on a bed of garden greens and radicchio with avocado and a side of creamy fresh lime and dill sauce. Yum.

Sadly, it appears that we ate the raspberry pie before I remembered to take a picture. Clearly too much revelry was going on.....  It really is too bad, too, because it was one of my sister-in-law's lattice crust creations and worthy of commemoration for both loveliness and lusciousness. 

So, I had a marvelous day with my family - who could ask for a better birthday than that? 


No comments: