Thursday, September 1, 2016

Floral Fancies

Returning once again to the flora of early June, we turn to the bellwort.


These look like pretty unassuming little flowers, but I enjoy the way the petals almost twist into spirals, as if they have naturally curly hair that flows in ringlets.


Yes, I know - I'm a fanciful fool, but I have a lot of fun!


This one was a new acquaintance for me - I took a picture so that I could look it up and we could become formally introduced.  It's a blue cohosh.  Don't you just love the green on green effect?  The flowers look like tiny pinwheels.


Here we have a group of jack-in-the-pulpit plants.  They're so erect and proper, I can almost imagine them as they face their different directions delivering homilies to the surrounding forest. Yes, definitely fanciful! Baloo doesn't seem to mind, though. 

No comments: