Monday, December 11, 2023

Fortuitous Feathers

This picture put a grin on my face. It captured an industrious little chickadee with a perfect sunflower heart in its beak, as it took off from the feeder to go enjoy its prize somewhere safe and quiet.


Yes, you know me and the action photos. 

This wing fanned for flight and the purposeful stance, when I usually only catch a blur as the birds fly to and from the feeders was so exactly "chickadee" that I hoped it might spread the grin around a bit. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"fortuitous" is one of my favorite words! :) This is an awesome photo! Fortuitous Feathers indeed!

QM

Anonymous said...

Today I had ten of these little cuties at my feeders. NO, it wasn't easy to count them as they flit and zip back and forth getting their seeds. LOVE 'em !!!

Hugs to you from BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Thank you, QM! I love it when I manage to capture an interesting pose or action shot. It's usually pure dumb luck, but I'll take it!! :)

Webfoot said...

BetsyLee, you had a busy day at the feeders. There had to be quite a lot of coming and going with that many chickadees at work. And I'm totally with you - what's not to love with these little sweeties??

Hugs right back to you!