Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas Cardinal

I thought it might be fun to share the print (three blocks) I made for my Christmas card this year.  I printed about 85(!) of them and when I ran out of the usual people on my holiday mailing list to send them to, I chose other folks for whom I had addresses. Local people, Carving Consortium people, RAPS people, letterboxing people and Myrthian merrymakers.

 


Since I always enjoy art surprises in my mailbox, I thought it would be fun to share a few random acts of Christmas (I went a little overboard).  Let me know if you would like to be added to my Random Acts list - you never know when I might have a stray print lying around looking for a home. :)

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the Christmas Cardinal and, as the card said on the inside:

May your Christmas be
Merry and Bright
And your New Year
Filled with Delight!

Merry Christmas and Happy Carving!


 

9 comments:

Wise Wanderer said...

I was a recipient of this gorgeous card, and you handled the layers beautifully. One of my favorite Christmas scenes is cardinals in the snow (neither of which we have in my area). Merry Christmas, and a very happy coming new year to you ❤️

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful ! Merry Christmas to you too !

Hugs to ya from BetsyLee

Anonymous said...

I got my handsome cardinal yesterday!!! What an amazing carve. Love it and the surprise. Such beautiful details. You can send surprises my way anytime.

Thank you and

Merry Christmas!!!!

Happy New Year.............

Sheila

Webfoot said...

Thank you all for the kind words about the Christmas Cardinal. I'm glad it was a hit. BetsyLee, I don't have your address, or I would have sent you one, too. You can fix that, if you want - just send me an AQ message. :)
Merry Christmas and hugs all around!!

Anonymous said...

How handsome and content Mr. Cardinal looks!

Your work is beautiful and dear.

May your 2024 be sweet!

~Mama Cache

Webfoot said...

Thank you, Mama Cache! Happy New Year to you, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!!! We received your card and it is LOVELY! I have been wondering if it was made from stamps that you carved and I was planning to ask you! It is just beautiful! Thank you so much for thinking of us at this time of year! QM

Webfoot said...

Thank you, QM! I'm glad you liked the cardinal. And yes, the three blocks are hand carved and printed red, blue and black - in that order. I went a little nuts with detail, especially on the black key block. :)

Anonymous said...

Definitely agree with all the detail and appreciation comments! TAP