Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Unbearable!

We officially have too many scary bears roaming around on our family property.  We have evidence of a sow with triplets, a yearling and now this 600 pound bruiser of a boar. (The weight estimate was given to us by an expert bear guy.) That's six that we can definitely document, based on trail camera pictures. This photo is from the camera at the barn. 


My brother discovered four of our bluebird houses were torn apart last week and the sunflower seed board that we have up in one of the trees behind this bear was torn down, even though the birds have it totally emptied by nightfall and there was nothing on it to eat.  My brother quickly repaired all the houses, so the birds could try again and he screwed the feeding board into place with long screws.

It makes a person just a little nervous about random wanderings in the woods!

Elmer Fudd voice over: I'm scawed of beaws! 

(Replace the "w" with "r", if you don't know Elmer Fudd or can't imagine the voice.)


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't know Elmer Fudd! ��

Webfoot said...

Surprisingly enough, I have a friend that had no idea what I was talking about with respect to Elmer Fudd. That's why I added the explanation for those who didn't have misspent childhoods. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I know Elmer ;j


Oh, be careful with all of those bears. I wonder if the smoke and dry conditions are bringing them into your area more this year???


Sheila

Anonymous said...

We have bears in our community and we don't even live in a rural area!!!! Poor things are being displaced from their habitat and have no place to go. But I never in a million years thought I'd have to watch out for bears when I work in the yard or pick up my mail. Your big bear is awesome looking! Be careful out there!