Thursday, June 15, 2023

Time Flies

Or maybe, time to fly?

 

I had a plan to document the happenings in this Cooper's hawk nest, back when my camera still worked. It would have been pretty cool, but I did my best. Shortly after this picture, my camera died. (Sigh...)

My brother and I have been keeping an eye on progress and he loaned me his camera, so I could get a little bit of the excitement to share and, though it doesn't have the zoom capability my old one did, it is nice to have something to play with and I appreciate the loan! If you look closely (you can blow up the pictures by clicking on them), someone is sitting on the nest in this picture. There's a little round head peeping above the nest.


Here she is a little later in the season, standing up and keeping an eye on me. It got harder and harder to find a good angle to take a picture from, as the leaves came out and obscured the view.


My brother sent me this picture a couple days ago, with the two fuzzy heads peering out at the great wide world. They'll be leaving the nest before we know it - it's almost time to fly!

I'm still hunting for a camera. I haven't been able to find a comparable one that has a solid zoom capability and isn't too complicated, heavy or cumbersome for hauling around in the woods. It seems that none of the ones I think I might like are currently available. If anybody has a favorite flavor they'd like to nominate, I'm open to suggestions. I didn't think it would be this difficult!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My camera is a Canon SX620 HS. I suppose they have upgraded this model by now, as I have had it for at least two years. It's a compact point and shoot camera, loads of zoom capability, close up as well. Very versatile. I'm sure they have newer models.

People sometimes laugh at my small camera because it isn't one of the more 'professional' cameras, but then they are always impressed with the quality of the photos. It does a great job for me. I can take pics of the spore packets on the back of fern leaves, not to mention pimples on fungi. What's better than that, right?

It is hard to make a choice. Sometimes ya just gotta dive in! :^)

Hugs from BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Thank you, BetsyLee! Your camera sounds a lot like my well loved and now deceased SX100. I'm looking at a 740 and also maybe a Panasonic that's similar. I finally found someplace that actually had a few in stock!! Thanks for letting me know you like the 620 - it might tip the scales.
Hugs to you!!