Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Happy/Sad Anniversary Sale

Today would have marked ten years with Baloo. His memory walks with me every day and often causes me to laugh and cry - sometimes at the same time. I still frequently call his name (with a smile) when I accidentally drop something on the kitchen floor that I know he would have loved and we all laugh about the dead-things we notice along the roadside that he would have been thrilled to sniff. My brother thinks of him every time he empties a yogurt container (Baloo often walked around with a white stripe around his muzzle from trying to get every last bit he could). He was well loved and is still deeply missed.

 


Today is the tenth anniversary of the day he came to live with me and tomorrow is the first anniversary of his crossing the Rainbow Bridge (and yes, there are tears in my eyes as I type). So, since I can't commemorate the day by giving him a special treat, I'll share one with you in his honor. Today and tomorrow, all Tan-Z Kut (including the already discounted Grade B) is on sale for 10% off.

Hug the ones you love - furry ones included! I'd give a lot to hug that sweet boy again. :)

5 comments:

Wise Wanderer said...

I understand missing a well-loved dog. Hugs to you!!
Wise Wanderer

Anonymous said...

❤️🫂

Anonymous said...

Baloo was a good boy and a big part of your life. I always enjoyed hearing of his adventures. I'm glad you have so many pictures of him - pics help me get through the hard times when I lose someone. I hope they do the same for you.

Hugs to you from BetsyLee

Anonymous said...

I love your stories about Baloo and know all too well the feeling of loss when your best dog friend passes on. Hugs to you.
Woodland Paws

Webfoot said...

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and comments. I know I'm not alone in missing a much loved companion. Hugs to all of you!