Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Cool Beans?

I thought it might be fun to share a few more candid photos from the bean patch trail camera.

A charming little goldfinch came to take advantage of the garden puddles and bugs.

She's not quite as brilliant in color as her male counterpart, but she's still a beauty. 



The grasshopper above made a break for it - I wonder if a bird was about to swoop in to try and catch dinner. I have often surprised grasshoppers into flight when out walking and they're surprisingly pretty, with their dark wings rimmed in yellow. They have always been too fast for me to photograph, so I was glad to see that the trail camera caught the action.


There was also a cute house wren that came to visit.


It took over the bluebird house when the bluebirds had finished with it and would scold like anything whenever we got near it and its brood while tending the garden.


Finally, I was delighted to see the portrait of this lovely yellow warbler. I can spot them sometimes, but have never managed to get a photograph. What a marvelously sneaky little candid trail camera!

No comments: