Friday, September 30, 2022

Charming God

Yellow is capable of charming God. ~~ Vincent Van Gogh

 Certainly, Van Gogh knew his colors!

Our first charmer of the day is this lovely little yellow flower that grows on a shrub. I believe it's a potentilla of some sort, but don't depend on my identification - and there are way too many varieties for me to be sure which this might be. I liked both the delicate blossoms and the tiny leaves that are the perfect backdrop to show off the blooms. Any experts out there?

Next up is Yellow Goatsbeard. Perhaps not such a charming name, but this late bloomer deserved to be recognized for extra effort outside its usual season.

I happened to catch a couple of Cloudy Sulphur butterflies on a sunny day, despite their name.


The first picture shows the wing markings better, but I also liked the brilliant yellow-green of its eyes against the fine yellow hairs on its face, not to mention the marvelous antennae! 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can say that I was charmed.

No comments: