Monday, July 4, 2022

Happy Independence Day!

The National Cherry Festival is in full swing again this year. It's great to see people out and having fun in the sun and out on the water. 

While I don't have any pictures of the Blue Angels or fireworks to share, since I missed the air show this year and the fireworks haven't happened yet, I did want to stop for a moment and recognize the day.  I tried to think of a good way to do that and I may have hit upon a solution.  On our family land, we have a couple of cameras mounted on trees, so we can see who has been coming and going.  We also tend to encourage certain visitors with snacks. My brother and I have been known to collect unfortunate creatures who have had the bad end of an encounter with an automobile and place them where they might be safely consumed by hungry animals who might otherwise repeat the sad automobile mishap situation while trying to have a little dinner at the side of the road. As a result, we have gotten some really nice (and sometimes dramatic) pictures.

 

I've saved a few of the better shots to share here on the blog or to use as carving inspiration (or both).

We always love to see the eagles come in to dine. They are so beautiful and majestic and since they are our national bird, I thought a few photos of these magnificent creatures might be a nice way to commemorate the day. 




Obviously, these were captured during the winter and spring, but these majestic birds are timeless wonders to cherish and protect.  Sort of like freedom and independence, don't you think?

Happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perfect way to honor the day- they are Amazing -AH