Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Safe Harbor


From time to time, when the weather gets a little bit dicey out on Lake Michigan, we get some interesting visitors taking refuge in the little harbor that Baloo and I walk along on summer mornings. 


Occasionally, they are so over-sized for this inlet that it's a visual surprise to see one of these huge crafts moored among the much smaller sailboats and fishing boats. 

Of course, when one comes to rest in the neighborhood, I try to look up what in the world it is. Sometimes we get cruise ships, sometimes we get cargo ships or other more industrial looking crafts and once there was even a really beautiful yacht called "Canim" that used to belong to Buster Keaton (yes, I did my research). 

This one is a Lacey Kay. It's a touch over 95 feet long and has nearly a 9800 mile ocean faring range. 

It's a really big boat. 

2 comments:

GG said...

owned by Pacific Asian Enterprises

https://www.google.com/search?q=lacey+kay+yacht+owner&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

not big enough for me to want to be in the middle of the Pacific or even Lake Michigan during a big storm.

If the Edmund Fitzgerald can go down in Superior, nope, not big enough for me.

Webfoot said...

Cool. I thought that Pacific Asian Enterprises built it, but I didn't realize they still owned it.

I wouldn't want to trust my life to something like that, either. I'm only moderately adventurous.... :)