Sunday, May 28, 2017

A Heartfelt Thank You

Baloo and I frequently walk past the Memorial at the 45th Parallel - we were there yesterday.


Whenever we walk the trails that take us near the monument, I always stop and take a few moments to reflect on the sacrifices made by men and women in the armed services - and their families. 


This memorial honors those from this area who served in World War I and World War II. 


Their names are listed on all four sides of the stone structure.


Many of the names are familiar, since their families still live in the area.




It's a sober reminder that freedom is not free and that many have paid with their lives for the liberties I treasure so deeply and strive never to take for granted. 

I can never thank them enough.

Happy Memorial Day.



No comments: