Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Finished Daffodil Carving

The samples of the new carving material went into the mail yesterday, winging their way to my band of intrepid testers. I find that I am feeling a lot like a kid in the back seat of a car on a long vacation drive getting antsy for the wait to end already. 

"Are they there, yet?"  

"Have they tried it yet?"

In order to keep myself from climbing the walls in nervous anticipation, I went back to the basement and played with my piece of the sample some more. These are both quick and dirty pictures I took this morning with my phone, so that I could do a fast follow-up on the carving material post from the other day. That means the quality of the photos isn't up to my usual standard, but I knew it would take me too long to go with the camera routine - can you tell I've about run out of patience for anything?


The finished block was a little hard to print, because it was so thin that I kept getting ink all over everything. Finally, I developed the knack for carefully inking, then wiping off the edges of the acrylic block to which I had glued the carving for printing stability, before getting anywhere near the paper. Oh, and I wiped my inky fingers off, too...



Then, just for fun, I did a little color ink wash to brighten things up and turned it into a card. 

Sometimes, just because you can means you probably should.

So, somebody will probably get a St. David's Day card from me this year. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! I love this!
~Mama Cache

salad rocket said...

Now, that is nice!