Saturday, July 15, 2017

Border Patrol


As you have no doubt guessed by this time, I am a fan of whimsy. I have previously shared another piece of delightful yard art from this farm that sports a border collie driving a tractor with the help of some chickens. 


This piece is every bit as much fun, with a border collie driving a "Border Patrol" cart loaded with sheep. 


I've never seen any sheep at the farm, although they have had goats, chickens, horses (including a magnificent and enormous work horse), mules and ponies of various kinds, as well as lots of cherries, grapes and apples.

They decorate all their farm buildings and I always admire the art and animals when I drive by on the way to visit favorite walking trails with Baloo. For his part, Baloo doesn't seem to care about the menagerie - he's more interested in getting on the trail and exploring the fauna in the woods. Chipmunks and bunnies are two particular favorites...

No comments: