Friday, April 12, 2013

Red... and Blue and Red...

This first picture won't be the best quality, since it was snapped not only through a window, but through a window and a screen!  I had to share anyway, since fox sightings are not so very common in my little forest and even when I do see them, they usually disappear before I can locate my camera.  This hungry little rascal actually ran right under the bird feeder while trying to nab a squirrel.  The squirrel escaped and the fox had to find something else to take home to her kits.  



I also love watching the bluebirds pretending to be clinging birds while they snack on the peanut butter and cornmeal mixture I fill the feeder logs with daily.  Just about everybody loves peanut butter, but the bluebirds are particularly nice about sharing and I have seen five of them on the log at the same time, all pecking away in perfect harmony.  



We had major thunderstorms and chilly temperatures the last couple days, so handouts have been popular with neighborhood parents and parents-to-be.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your "friends" with us. I love to see your pics and read the stories that you share.
Thanks again!
Yak~King blues